[RTTY] IC-7100 followup

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Feb 16 14:41:35 EST 2015

 > Anyone have any suggestions as to how to improve the copy while using
 > the ICOM CODEX audio?

Spend some time with the Instruction Manual(s) for your rig:

1) Adjust the audio output using Set Mode -> Connectors -> ACC/USB AF
    Level so you are not overdriving the CODEC.  You should probably
    set the Windows Input level to 50-80% and adjust the ACC/USB level
    for just under "Red" on the "meter" in the Windows Sound Control
    Panel.

 > I never could get the audio from MMTTY into the 7100 but I did get
 > FSK working .

Spend some time with the Instruction Manual(s) for your rig:

2) If you want to use AFSK via USB you will need to select a data
    mode (LSB_D or USB_D) and configure the rig to accept audio via
    USB: Set Mode -> Connectors -> DATA MOD = *USB*

Note: While familiarizing yourself with your rig and its instruction
Manual(s), you will probably also want to set DATA OFF MOD to Mic in
order to prevent USB and ACC audio from mixing in voice modes and set
the USB MOD LEVEL for proper modulation from the USB CODEC when the
Windows Mixer level is set to between 50 and 80% (least distortion).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV