[RTTY] WHY put CQ at the end?

David Levine david at levinecentral.com
Tue Feb 17 14:16:40 EST 2015

Thanks Lee for your comment as well as your cluster and the software I run
locally. I have used skimmer to feed my local cluster client before but I
didn't use it this past weekend. It has it's advantages and disadvantages,
especially for a little 100w wire antenna guy like me. A disadvantage is a
skimmer spotted station that is extremely needed/popular gets bombarded and
I'm actually better off and more productive waiting for any onslaught to
die down. With the thinking on how long to keep a skimmer spot in the
bandmap before it's deleted, how often it gets respotted it's sometimes
more challenging to know when I can more productively work a skimmer
spotted station. If I was running 1.5KW with a 100+ ft tower and yagis I'd
probably have a different opinion and approach.

I worked 3 KH2 stations and a 2 ZLs each on the first call on 15m - better
to be lucky vs good. If they were all hot mults that showed up via the
skimmer, I'm sure it would have been a waste of time for me to call right
away.

K2DSL - David