[RTTY] US License Classes (Re: Contest QRMing of other digimodes (ARRL BOD)

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 17:19:22 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Bill Turner <dezrat at outlook.com> wrote:
> Better yet, why not have only one class of license? Pas the one and
> only test and you are a ham, period.

For years I've thought of:  Novice (limited privs in many bands) ->
General (everything) -> Amateur Examiner (same, but you can give
tests).

Regardless, what we have now makes less and less sense as the ARRL
nibbles at it. Not that the FCC helps - the original ARRL
"Communicator" class proposal was better than what the FCC ended up
doing in 1991.