[RTTY] North American QSO Party, RTTY

steve sm.shearer.01 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:14:01 EDT 2015

I like the "no external amplifiers capable of more than 100 W output."
rule.

If I were running my 40 Watt (RTTY) rig, like a IC-706, and an external
amp like my 30L-1 at 100 watts, I doubt I could be SURE I would not
exceed that 100 Watts.  It most likely would exceed 100 watts.

I have an Orion that WILL do 100W, key down, just for RTTY...  I may
even run QRP.  And yes, a QRP rig with an external 100 Watt amp is the
"same" as my 100 Watt Orion.  If you look at the Orion, it has a 100
Watt amplifier "stuck" on the back of the radio (and a fan attachment
makes it key down).

Keep the rule "no external amplifiers capable of more than 100 W
output."  I also like that all NAQP contests are "low" power...

73, steve WB3LGC