[RTTY] ARRL

Ed Karl edk0kl at centurytel.net
Sun Mar 1 23:16:41 EST 2015

Realistically folks,

We gained an 80 meter phone band which is lightly populated ... (3600-3800).
The beef with 11708 was putting wideband where other modes (read narrow band
low power) were presently operating.

Same for 7100-7125, little or no present operation at all.

New proposal addresses concerns about automatic signal detection, etc.

There should be NO operation on the precious WARC bands, particularly 30
meters.

Is it progress that has shorts tied in a knot? Sorry to be blunt, but
there should be an
accommodation to allow for new modes and stuff, including EMCOM.

Lastly, divulge un- encrypting methods for select OO's to police the
traffic so rendered.
There recently was congratulatory emails regarding possible rescue at
sea thanks to
Winlink . No definite answer as to "was the station a ham?"

There are numerous folks wandering around the Caribbean and Pacific with
ham rigs
who didn't bother to get type accepted and licensed HF radios. Of
course, under
"emergency" communications the claim is no license is necessary. By
their very words
and actions they intend to violate the rules and should be dealt with
accordingly.

Anyway, that's my thoughts, such as they are ...

73

ed K0KL