[RTTY] ARRL Request for Member comment on Proposed HF Band Plan Change

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Mar 14 13:16:21 EDT 2015

 > Do you mind if I use your enumerated items for my submission?

Not at all.  Feel free to expand on and improve them if you wish.

The key points are that automatically controlled data systems *must*
include effective channel busy detectors, their end users *must* use
visual means to determine of the frequency is occupied or automatic
channel busy detectors and that ACDS should be restricted to very
narrow allocations where they will not interfere with the majority
of CW and narrow bandwidth data users.

Further, ACDS serves *no legitimate amateur purpose*.  The claimed
benefits for EMCOMM can be filled by manually monitored and controlled
systems established as needed within the impacted area during a
communications emergency.  No amateur, individual or ACDS, is entitled
to occupy scarce HF spectrum 24 x 7 by ACDS to the exclusion of all
other users.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV