[RTTY] Possible bug in Writelog timestamp

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 21 23:12:04 EDT 2015

WriteLog remembers the time and will not change it during a contact. This is by design. If you do not complete the contact and use
either DELETE or BACKSPACE to enter a new callsign over the existing callsign in the entry window, the time will not change. The
program "thinks" you just edited the callsign of the station you just sent the report to.

In order to reset the time "timer" so to speak, you must either delete the callsign in the entry window with ALT-W or repopulate the
entry window by clicking on another callsign. Other ways to clear the entry window is right-click in the entry window and selecting
"Clear QSO" or right click in any Rttyrite windows (main or clones) and choosing "Clear Entry Window". Yet another way to clear the
entry window is via the Entry menu and "Wipe QSO and pop". In my testing just now, if I cleared the previous QSO using any of the
methods in this paragraph, then the correct time was sent. If this is not happening at your end, please let us know.

73, Don AA5AU