[RTTY] SO2R

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Mon Sep 28 10:08:07 EDT 2015

Why is RTTY different than CW and SSB?

It is normal to send your call just once in response to a CQing station on CW and SSB.  Only if conditions warrant do you send it multiple times.  Maybe RTTYers can learn from CW/SSB experience.

In the CQ message (Fabi's point), on all modes it is a trade off between exposure and dueling CQ timing.  It can be argued that both are better with Fabi's suggestion.  However, I still choose 2 times in my CQ message, even for dueling CQs.

73,
Ed W0YK