[RTTY] SO2R

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Mon Sep 28 16:17:53 EDT 2015

I’m still relatively new at this so the answer to this question may be “we’ve always done it this way…”

After GM3XXX sends his exchange, why do you send his call again (GM3XXX TU M7T QRZ) ? You sent his call, he responded, so you have the call correct. Seems like wasted bits and time. And if that TU message gets garbled the other station might think you have the call wrong.  A simple TU M7T QRZ would appear to be enough.

I see most people do it (I don’t) but I don’t see the reason.

Ken K6MR