[RTTY] How I worked VK0EK from NA on 15M RTTY this, morning

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Wed Apr 6 14:25:59 EDT 2016

On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 16:41:11 +0000, Frank wrote:

>It is really disappointing to see only 3% of their activity on digital
>modes.  I am only looking for them RTTY as I have a CW QSO on 20 from a
>past operation.  It appears that once again an expensive operation has
>been mounted without any provision for operating digital modes (RTTY).
>While I usually give financial support to any big operation it looks
>like I will NOT be supporting this one.  I think we should all expect
>that any operation has more than 15% RTTY/digital contacts.  I was
>hopefully that this operation would bring me closer to RTTY Honor Roll
>but it appears that my chances with this one have gone from slim to none.
>
>Sad......
>
>Frank...N2FF....

REPLY:

Too often, RTTY seems to be an afterthought for DXPeditions. Not
criticizing this one because I haven't heard them yet, but past
operations have had operators who are new to RTTY and obviously
inexperienced. Nothing wrong with a new op, but they should get some
training before going on an expensive operation. Seems they are often
thrown into the job and expected to learn as they go.

73, Bill W6WRT