[RTTY] Pactor QRM To The Other Digital Modes

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Wed Aug 17 13:07:39 EDT 2016

I agree with most of what Thomas says; however, as a Pactor operator
myself and
a long time user I do disagree with one aspect.

Pactor operators as a whole are not rude nor selfish. Instead it's the
owners of
auto mailboxes, of which many run Pactor. You may notice I say "own" and not
"operate" because I seriously doubt any of these owners actually operate (or
even monitor) the operation of their systems. Instead they have other pursuits
and their auto-mailboxes are just left to sit and run. Their only
intercourse is
to solve a problem, like it's "off the air", in response to an email.

Frankly, these people are obsessed with 'service' or 'email' and otherwise
ignorant of any operating tenets. It's not that they're rude. In my experience
they just don't care. Many of these 'owners' place their stations outside of
FCC jurisdiction to avoid caring at all.

Just my soapbox opinion,

73 de Phil - N8PS