[RTTY] Pactor QRM To The Other Digital Modes

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Thu Aug 18 12:20:43 EDT 2016

Well, I just did something I haven't done in a long time.

I opened a Winlink client and updated the Pactor frequency lists.

For whatever it's worth, I see:

VE7RBH, a P4 node, at 14081.5
IQ9IL, a P4 node, at 14082.5

They're legal today (assuming a K-land station wasn't using P4), as the automated subband restriction is an FCC-ism, and there's nothing in Part 97 to prohibit US amateurs from calling the DX nodes.

I might tweak my comments to the FCC.  (I suppose that's why the professionals take their time in submitting comments!)  My mid-term scenario might need revision.

If US-access to P4 leads to increased utilization of the DX nodes... it's probably not enough to convince the FCC to not drop the symbol rate limit, but it might make for a stronger argument for a bandwidth limit below the ACDS frequencies due to interference.

Michael Adams | mda at n1en.org