[RTTY] Simple thing that seemed to improve my S&Ping

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Feb 16 09:43:40 EST 2016

If you want your callsign corrected send it before the report not after!

John KK9A

To:	Salvatore Irato <iw1ayd at gmail.com>,
"rtty at contesting.com"	<rtty at contesting.com>
Subject:	Re: [RTTY] RTTY] Simple thing that seemed to improve my S&Ping
From:	Al Kozakiewicz <akozak at hourglass.com>
Date:	Tue, 16 Feb 2016 13:36:22 +0000

The wise thing to do when in S&P is not to send your exchange until you're
confident the runner has your call correct. Send your call 2/3 times
(whatever
your standard call reply is) until you see your call print correctly in
response. Of course, I haven't the discipline to do this consistently, so
when
I see ?B2ZY or AB2TY decode, I usually send my normal exchange and press the
"My call" button once or twice, so TU 599 385 385 becomes TU 385 385 AB2ZY
AB2ZY.

AB2ZY