[RTTY] 5NN

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Thu Feb 18 10:18:29 EST 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Ed Muns <ed at w0yk.com> wrote:

I don't think the minuscule speed decrease is a factor.  In my mind, it just
> looks silly to send 5NN on RTTY, because the CW technique of speedup is
> actually a slowdown on RTTY.  OTOH CW ops are so used to it that perhaps it
> is a don't care.
>
> Ed W0YK

Ed is spot on, but there is a little more to it.

I'm acclimated to TOO. I know a SHIFT got corrupted AND I know NUMBER is
coming up.

A missed SHIFT with 5NN will print T,, AND look like garbage text to me.

Gentlemen and Gentlewoman, every little queue helps make a QSO. Everyone
please send 599 (but only ONCE! per QSO).

W6SX Prime Directive: The first rule of contesting is to have fun.

W6SX First Corollary: Share the fun.

W6SX Second Corollary: We all get better together.

Diddle Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX