[RTTY] 17 Meters

Philip Snyder n9lah at comcast.net
Sat Jan 2 12:21:33 EST 2016

Happy New Year to all.

Having some Holiday time, I thought I would get on the air and do some
CQing on RTTY. I love 17 for this but am always hesitant due to the
numerous modes trying to fit between .100 and .110. I try to move up
from .100 some because there always seems to be a couple PSK signals. I
then usually come across a couple JT or Olivia type signals. Up to about
.107 and there was some type of what seemed to me to be an automated
station. All of a sudden I am up against .110. Where can us old fashion
RTTY guys try to CQ on 17 without stirring up trouble?

Phil
N9LAH