[RTTY] VP8STI on RTTY?

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Mon Jan 25 21:19:35 EST 2016

I was lucky enough to work them on 30m RTTY and 15m RTTY the first day.
And, it was indeed luck.

The pileups were horrendous and they were in my noise floor.  I spent hours
after that, over the rest of their operation, trying to work them on other
band modes and was largely unsuccessful.  Even when they were specifically
asking for West Coast only, I didn't get through.

There were times when many other locals here in No. CA were getting through
the pileups and I couldn't even tell VP8STI was transmitting!

I think this kind of uncertainty is one element that keeps me interested in
the sport.   If it were as easy as email, why would we do it?     ;>)

Ed W0YK