[RTTY] Icom Rigs For Contesting

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 12:18:36 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Michael Zolno <luv.myipad3 at me.com> wrote:
> For NAQP, I was using FSK through the back 13 pin accy connector and a serial keying interface. As an aside, I purchased both 6k & 3k roofing filters from an eBay seller in Japan, NIB for $78 delivered to my door. A far cry from $100 each US sellers want them for.

Funny you mention that - I got an Icom mic for my HT from a fellow in
Japan (via Amazon) for MUCH cheaper than any domestic vendor.
Shipping was clearly via a slow boat from Japan, but no matter.

Much discussion about the Icom USB implementations over on the DXLab
list a while back.  Seems the radios create a COM port for CI-V but
some also create a 2nd COM port for FSK.  None of my gear has USB so I
didn't pay close attention to which radios did which, but if you have
any of the newer Icom gear, it might be worth grepping through that
Yahoo! Group's archives for the details.