[RTTY] Rig control via USB

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Sat Jul 23 13:44:07 EDT 2016

For what it's worth:

I noted a recent discussion about Icom radios with a USB port for VFO,
soundcard functions, etc.

For those who like such things, the Flex 6000 series radios do all of
the above, including CW, through a single Ethernet cable. No
RigBlaster, no MicroHam, no other cables. Very convenient.

They also have a CW jack if you want to use an external key or keyer,
but CW can be done by keyboard from within the program.

And of course, there is the superb panadaptor, which I believe puts
Icom to shame. I have owned many Icoms including '746, '756 7410 and
7300. The Flex outshines them all.

I will say, if you like radios with knobs, Flex may not be for you.
Most functions are adjusted using the mouse on a slider. An optional
external VFO knob adaptor is available.

Don't want to start a flame war, just posting for those interested.

73, Bill W6WRT