[RTTY] Flex 6300 in low power RTTY contests; Maestro

Jim jimw7ry at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 20:17:34 EDT 2016

I disagree.

If you are into 10 minuet rag chew transmissions maybe...

For contesting the duty cycle is pretty low. 5 seconds transmit and at least
10 seconds receive is less than 50 % duty cycle.

We ran Icom IC751 and 751As at WA7EGA, (now K7IRA) for many many years at
100 watts output in contests. Never had a PA failure.

73
Jim W7RY