[RTTY] Flex 6300 in low power RTTY contests; Maestro

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Thu Jun 2 22:02:43 EDT 2016

For what it's worth:  I have run my 6300 in contests at full power for
extended periods and my feeling is it gets too hot. The case will
become uncomfortably hot to the touch. Heat is the enemy of
electronics.

If I were engineering the 6300 I would have increased the cooling.

But in most contests, I run an amplifier which only needs about 40
watts drive to produce legal limit output, and the 6300 does just fine
there.

My advice: I run things conservatively. If you want 100 watts
continuously from your 6300, get a small amplifier. There are a number
of small solid state amps which will do a good job.

73, Bill W6WRT