[RTTY] FCC proposed 80m. expansion

Kok Chen rtty at w7ay.net
Wed Mar 2 16:31:35 EST 2016

On Mar 2, 2016, at 11:16 AM, RLVZ--- via RTTY wrote:

> As a RTTY contester, I agree 100% with the need for more 80m.  spectrum for
> RTTY.  The need is so great that the technician class  issue fails in
> comparison, so let's be careful not to encourage the FCC "to  throw the baby out
> with the bath water".

If we fall for that oldest trick in the world, the politicians at ARRL have won.

For me, there are multiple separate issues here.

One of them is the change in RTTY occupancy on 80m.

Another one is to give access to RTTY on 80m.

These have no logical connection.

Until the ARRL separates them into two separate petitions, I will oppose the single RM petition from the ARRL.

73
Chen, W7AY