[RTTY] [GRITTY.INI and tone figures

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Fri Mar 18 14:54:05 EDT 2016

Hi Alex and the group,

I just downloaded v1.3 (I was using 1.2) and used the drop down to select
Data Files and then I opened GRITTY.INI from there.
The high tone was set to 2295, so I changed that to 1445, saved it and
closed the file.
When I opened GRITTY afterwards, the tones still showed as being at 2295. I
tried this several times, but each time I closed GRITTY, the ini file
reverted back to 2295.

However, when I navigated to C:\Users\MyName\...... etc, to where GRITTY.INI
resides, and then changed it to 1445, that saved it, and now when I open
GRITTY, it is set at the right tone pair for me.

I'm not sure why this should be, but it's all sorted now.

For some reason, I just can't hack the high tones. I have tried several
times over the years, as it would be useful as my radio offers advantages by
using them, but I just can't tune them in easily. On the other band, I can
get to within 2 or 3Hz of a signal using the low tone pair simply be ear
alone.
Must be an age thing!

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---