[RTTY] Work dupes

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Sat Mar 19 14:19:07 EDT 2016

Why do some stations insist on telling you that you;re a dupe when you are
not a dupe?

Last night on 40, I had a W9 station tell me I was a dupe and he gave me
his number 31 when he was not in my log.  He spent 2 or 3 minutes pecking
out what number and when we had worked.

I tried to explain that he was a NIL, but he just would not work me.  I had
been running a bit earlier so he might have called me and I worked someone
else and he THOUGHT he worked me when he didn't.

Just work the dupe and move on.  There is no penalty if it is a dupe, but
you will get a NIL if you think you worked me and I'm not in your log.  73
Tom W7WHY