[RTTY] Well darn...

Michael Clarson wv2zow at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:03:18 EDT 2016

Al: Not so. That use to be the case.  WIN-10  updates the Prolific driver.
Their most counterfeited chip is no longer supported by the new driver.
Prolific considers it obsolete, and, of course, its the most popular one in
the cheap USB cables. So, if you have one of these, even if it is genuine
Prolific, it won't work with the new WIN-10 driver. My cables still work on
WIN-7 and XP,  but not WIN-10 after it updates. One can load in the old
driver, but it goes away next update. --Mike, WV2ZOW