[RTTY] Amp overheat?

W2GR at aol.com W2GR at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 19:21:16 EDT 2016

I have an Alpha 8410 that will cruise all day and night at 1500w  RTTY...

I may be selling it if anyone here is interested.

I am changing things around here and do not need 3 amps at this time.

73

Mike W2GR
-----------------

In a message dated 10/21/2016 6:51:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
w6sx at arrl.net writes:

> On  Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Stanley Zawrotny  <k4sbz.stan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Doesn't RTTY at full legal  limit overheat most amplifiers? Can they stand
> full duty cycle during  contesting? My kilowatt starts running warm, but
not
> overheating, at  600 watts.

My AL-1200 ran and my ACOM 2000A runs all day at  1500 watts out RTTY
contesting with, for example, 1400 contacts in 24  hours.

Diddle Exuberantly,

Hank,  W6SX
RTTY mailing  list
RTTY at contesting.com