[RTTY] SPE Expert 1.3K-FA

RLVZ at aol.com RLVZ at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 21:50:33 EDT 2016

The  SPE Expert 1.3K-FA is an incredible amp for just 22 pounds and I can
see where  they are in great demand.  But one negative to me is that it uses
very  small 2" exhaust fans which run at high speed and make a great deal of
 noise.  It's a high pitched noise and my Bose noise canceling  headphones
did little to reduce the noise.  Same thing with the Expert  2K-FA.
Apparently, many hams are not bothered by the high pitch noise  which is good.  But
I have to wonder if those small 2" fans won't wear  out quicker since they
run at such a high speed.  (I know  broadcast transmitters with 2" fans wear
out quickly)

73,
Dick- K9OM

>The SPE Expert 1.3K-FA has a built in ATU and switches among 4  antennas
automatically. It can handle two transmitters input. Its main problem  is a
backlog of several months due to heavy demand.

>Stan,  K4SBZ
>
>"Real radio bounces off the sky."

REPLY:

I  used to own one. Its main drawback is it won't do RTTY at full legal
limit.  After about ten seconds it kicks back to mid-power.

73, Bill  W6WRT