[RTTY] Q Rate Killers

Art (K5FNQ) k5fnq at lusfiber.net
Mon Sep 26 22:02:37 EDT 2016

then what is the recommended minimum and maximum to send?

N1MM default has "his call, sec, state, sec, state, mycall"

At times with a strong station I would hit escape before "my call" was
sent.  I had no problem with that.

Cutting to "sec state sec state" scares me that the other station might
not have my call or I might have busted his?

Art K5FNQ

On 9/26/2016 20:56, Steve Bookout wrote:

> If you can be loud, then you can send less stuff.  Unfortunately, not
> everyone can be loud all the time.
>
> I start with one of each exchange element and if it's noisy and I'm
> getting a bunch or requests for repeats, then I'll add additional
> exchange info.
>
> Steve
>
> On 9/26/2016 9:16:PM, Jeff AC0C wrote:
>> Tom,
>>
>> The exchange content for peak efficiency is just on the border where
>> you are infrequently asked for a fill.  If you almost never get a
>> request, then I would say your content is too redundant. Keeping it
>> simple, on the next contest drop your exchange by one of each element
>> and see how it goes.  In any event, do drop the "UR" out of it in all
>> cases.
>>
>> Have fun!
>>
>> 73/jeff/ac0c
>> www.ac0c.com
>> alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Tom Magarelli
>> Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 7:37 PM
>> To: RTTY at contesting.com
>> Subject: Re: [RTTY] Q Rate Killers
>>

>> I'm not sure if I'm one of the guilty parties
>>
>> My exchange was   K4SBZ  UR 599 NJ NJ NJ 05 05 05
>>
>> My thought was to send my state and zone 3 times, hopefully not
>> needing a
>> repeat. That seemed to work I only had 1 station ask me for a repeat
>> of my
>> State. My thinking was not having a lot of repeats, I could make more
>> contacts and move along quicker.
>>
>> Please tell me if my thinking is wrong. I'm not in the big league
>> either,
>> just trying to have some fun.

K5FNQ - Art Mouton k5fnq(at)lusfiber.net (or (at)arrl.net) ARRL, QCWA,
CW OPS, Louisiana Contest Club, DXCC Honor Roll (Mixed & CW),
Digital/RTTY DXCC, 5BDXCC, DXCC 10, 12, 15, 17, 20, 30, 40, 80 Meters