[RTTY] N1MM in Windows 10 Pro

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Sat Feb 4 19:55:35 EST 2017

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 14:14:38 -0700, you wrote:

>I don't know what the problem is but I can't reliably run N1MM in
>Windows 10. For some reason, it occasionally starts up with no
>configuration and I basically have to start from scratch. It asks for a
>new or existing database and proceeds to ask me to configure my station
>(i.e. callsign, grid, ARRL section, etc). Then I have to go into the
>menus and set up the rig and other parameters again. This is a major
>hassle if I shut down for a couple a of hours and then have this happen
>again. This doesn't happen when I run it under Windows XP.

REPLY:

Sometimes what seems like a software problem really is hardware, and
in this case I suspect a bad memory chip. This has happened to me at
least twice before.

Google for "memory diagnostic software" and you will find a bunch of
free tools to examine your memory. Since your problem is intermittent
I would let the program run over and over to catch the problem.

Good luck!

73, Bill W6WRT