[RTTY] Upside-down RTTY contest QSO's

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Mon Feb 13 16:24:16 EST 2017

Yes, an operation error. N1MM+ only moves the cursor into the RST
field(s) if you use the *TAB* key. The operator should be using the
*SPACEBAR* key to move between the call sign and the (unique) exchange
fields. There is no need to pass through the RST fields with the cursor
during a contest.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

On 2/13/2017 2:46 PM, Jeff AC0C wrote:
> If you are using N1MM and the ESM feature (common for RTTY operation
> setup), the default the program will pick once you have the run guy's
> call loaded is to send your call (correct in the sequence).  But if
> you have anticipated the exchange and loaded it in, N1MM moves the
> pointer over to the exchange (which is what these guys are sending).
> The execution in both cases is the same (right click).  That may be
> where this is coming from in the N1MM case. It's not a program issue
> though - it's an operator error issue because the N1MM/ESM flow works
> perfect if you are driving it correctly.
>
> 73/jeff/ac0c
> www.ac0c.com
> alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Jeff Stai
> Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 2:28 PM
> To: Peter Laws
> Cc: John Merrill ; RTTY Reflector
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] Upside-down RTTY contest QSO's
>
> Somewhere along the way, in the past few months, I picked up the
> impression
> that one of the contest loggers had this exchange "style" as a
> default, and
> that that is why we are seeing it more.
>
> I know it isn't Writelog, but I don't know if it is or isn't N1MM+ or
> something else. Maybe someone familiar with other loggers can look
> into it.
>
> 73 jeff wk6i
>
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Peter Laws <plaws0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 2:09 PM, John Merrill <johnn1jm at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > There are still some that do not send 599 when required by the rules.
>> They seem to get confused when I REPLY RST? RST?.
>>
>> Yeah ... we need to work on sponsors to ditch that.  Put in something
>> else.  Shoe size or something.  BARTG is half-way there.  :-)
>>

>> --
>> Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws plaws net | Travel by Train!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN