[RTTY] callsign/callsign DQ

Ryan Noguchi ai6do at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 17:51:21 EST 2017

>Lookup WE2ASS up on 3830scores.com.  I think part of the anwser is in the comments.

>73 de Jeffrey N5TIT

I think that explains what was going on, not VE9AA's question about its legality.

73, Ryan AI6DO

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017, 16:44 Ryan Noguchi via RTTY <rtty at contesting.com> wrote:

>Is USACALL/USACALL even a valid "callsign" to send out over the air, ever?

Yes, for US-licensed amateurs. See below for the reference in Part 97:

§97.119   Station identification.
(e) When the operator license class held by the control operator exceeds that of the station licensee, an indicator consisting of the call sign assigned to the control operator's station must be included after the call sign.

73, Ryan AI6DO