[RTTY] One Pet Peeve

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Thu Jul 13 23:26:56 EDT 2017

I’m one of them….

It depends. If you are running, many of the folks you are working have already seen your exchange before they work you. So in effect you have sent it twice (or more).  It also depends on your station as well as conditions.  If I call someone who is 30 over 9 I don’t expect more than one exchange.  There is not likely to be a static crash loud enough to interfere.  What band you are on also enters into it.  And if you are using 3 or 4 decoder windows and they all agree, no need for a repeat.

As the receive station it is your call: if you are not sure if you got it, ask for a repeat.

As for pet peeves…  please don’t send my call (I know it), and unless you think I sent your call wrong don’t send it either.  Just the facts (er, info), Jack.

Hope to work you this weekend and have a great time!

Ken K6MR