[RTTY] Information please

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri May 26 12:50:39 EDT 2017

David,

The JT modes are designed with spreading in mind - their derivation
was VHF/UHF EME and scatter modes where Doppler is a significant
issue.

My results have been much like Don's ... with nothing more than [low]
dipoles and/or an R5 vertical, I have over 150 DXCC entities, WAS on
80 - 10 (lacking only AK on 160 and 6 meters) and 130+ grids on 6M
(of 400+ total).

My only frustration is with a four to five minute QSO none of the
really rare DX will ever show up on JT65 or JT9 which limits the
absolute number of entities available on that mode.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV