[RTTY] Intel NUC, anyone?

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 15:05:37 EDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 4:20 AM, David G3YYD <g3yyd at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Using EXTFSK(64) or for that matter 2Tone FSK using bit diddling of a COM
> port control line is one way of making sure you get extra errors on the far
> ends decode and being asked to repeat.

No RS-232 headers, either, in a NUC, which I was secretly hoping for.

I did also look at the jitter info Oba-san has on his site referring
to EXTFSK64.  So USB -> RS-232 -> FSK radio port isn't the best way to
do this (even though it's done all the time).

So my next question is, how to the commercial USB interfaces that
support FSK actually do it?  Are they skipping the RS-232 part and
just wiggling (at 45.45 bauds) some wire that connects to the radio's
FSK port?