[RTTY] Intel NUC, anyone?

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 30 22:49:13 EDT 2017

I have two computers in the shack- a 2006 Core Duo running XP with 512 Mb RAM, passmark score of 1,100 and a high end workstation running Windows 10 running on 4 Xeon 2690 CPUs, 32 Gb RAM, SSD, with a passmark score of 25,000.

There is zero perceived difference while running N1MM+ with one MMTTY decoder, two 2Tone decoders, and one GRITTY for diversity decoding.

In addition to the logger, I run VE7CC client and microHam router.

The NUC will do just fine. I have a NUC clone as well and its passmark is 1500. You don’t need much CPU to run the logger and 4 decoders.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate autocorrect.