[RTTY] : Signals that don't decode

ktfrog007 at aol.com ktfrog007 at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 09:12:09 EST 2018

At my latitude, 42N, this distortion on 40m is very common, from nightfall until about midnight when it tends to clear up.  The signals sound terrible but the decoders, MMTTY(narrow), MMTTY(wide) and 2Tone(flutter) can usually chew right through them.  To my ears the signals sound raspy and horrible.

I don't know if there's an association with aurora.

73,
Ken, AB1J