[RTTY] After the tough qso

Pierre Fogal pierre.fogal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 13:09:26 EST 2018

Hi folks,

I haven't been doing RTTY contesting all that long, and I have done what I
can to read everything you sage folk out there write about exchanges.  So,
I hope I'm keeping mine succinct enough!

What I'm not completing sure about, in the case of tough qsos (interrupted
or non-existent print) are the expectations of verifying that it was
actually completed and the other guy hasn't just given up.

For example

.... AB1CD  cq

VE3KTB VE3KTB

VE3KTB 599 991 991

AB1CD 599 001 001 VE3KTB

NR? NR?

001 001 001

Nr &%$#

001 001 001

@#$@#$ %4 &%$#

001 001 001

& KTB $%*( AB1CD CQ
The various %$&@ are to represent the non printable signals coming
through.  I can recognize things like '57' as 'TU' but I don't know if he's
got it or he's saying sorry ...

So far, I've logged it unless I have a really strong sense that they gave
up.

73,
Pierre VE3KTB