[SCCC] CAC Club Competition Study status report from Ned Stearns AA7A

Alan C. Zack k6acz@earthlink.net
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:34:03 -0700

I agree with your comments, Dave.  Seems to fit the SCCC very well.
73

David O Hachadorian wrote:

> [...]
> > annually, at the time of filing the affiliated club report.  A club
> > could change its definition or center/boundaries not more than once
> > year.
>
> A 175 mile radius circle is 96,212 square miles in area.
>
> Just looking quickly on a map, It looks like a rectangle of about
> 339 mi x 283 mi (95,937 sq mi) would cover from Morro Bay to Las Vegas,
> all the way down to Yuma and San Diego. Sounds good to me!
>
> > Attendance Requirements
>
> >  Given the nature of club membership these
> > days, as well as the ubiquity of the Internet and its ability to
> > facilitate club operations, it has been suggested that the meeting
> > attendance rules are no longer necessary.
> >  One option currently being discussed would
> > require
> > that a contester whose score is to count for any class of club
> > competition be a "member in good standing" and leave the definition
> > the individual club.
>
> Sounds like a good idea to me. For the SCCC, I think there's more
> action on the Internet and on the telephone than at the meetings.
>
> >Number of categories.  We did not see a need to change the number of
> >categories.
>
> Agree
>
> > Minimum number of entries for an unlimited-class club.  Data from
> > recent
> > contests do not suggest a change in the minimum for the unlimited
> > category (currently 51), but more analysis is needed.  It may be
> > desirable for the definition to use the number of members, rather
> > than
> > the number of entries.
>
> I think it would be better to keep the rule as it currently stands.
> There are a lot of SCCC members who don't submit scores regularly,
> and it would be a shame to be forced into the unlimited category
> with only a few scores submitted.
>

> > Expedition scores.  Currently a club member must operate within the
> > club's territory (except for DXpeditions in the ARRL DX Contest).
> > It
> > should be workable to count scores from any location (appropriate to
> > the
> > contest).
>
> Sounds reasonable.
>

> > Multi-operator scores.  Currently, if at least 66% of the operators
> > in a
> > multi-op entry are members of the same club, the entire score goes
> > that club.  We have recommended dropping the 66% requirement and,
> > instead, allocating the multi-op's score among participating clubs
> > in
> > proportion to their numbers of members among the operators.
>
> Sounds ok.
>

> > Guest operator and station licensee.  Currently, for the score from
> > single-operator entry by a guest operator to count toward a club's
> > score, both the guest op and the station licensee must be members of
> > that club.  This requirement on the station licensee should be

			  Amateur Radio Station K6ACZ
                     Anaheim, Southern California, USA
                Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
                              SEMPER PARATUS