[SCCC] re: Sprint Log Format

Bruce Horn bhorn@hornucopia.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:54:11 -0800

Hi,

At 09:35 AM 2/22/01 -0700, Dave Hachadorian wrote:
>I e-mailed my cw Sprint log this morning, and got the
>following response. For cw anyway, I guess Cabrillo
>is the preferred format. The SSB log acknowledgement from
>WA7BNM did not mention Cabrillo being preferred.

The CW Sprint contest managers are trying to get everyone to submit their
logs in Cabrillo format because they're trying to automate the team
registration/log checking process as much as possible. I don't believe that
K7GM (who is retiring from log checking) feels as strongly about the log
formats for the SSB Sprint. Cabrillo is preferred for all NCJ sponsored
contests, but I continue to accept any and all log formats for the NAQP SSB
contest that I manage. It's just that some formats are a lot of work to get
into a format to read into the log checking database.

BTW, the SCCC web site is still down due to the hardware crash of the
contesting.com server that houses our site. Looks like it may get restored
sometime this weekend.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)

--
SCCC on the Web:          http://sccc.contesting.com/