[SCCC] WRTC-2002 FAQ by Ari, OH1EH

Will Angenent k6ndv@contesting.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 20:25:34 -0700

Here is the first bulletins, more will follow in the next few weeks before
the meeting. I cannot emphasis enough how important this meeting is for our
club members who would like to go to the WRTC. Time is short we have to
submit a list before June 15th!!!!!
Please check out all criteria and send me any suggestions you have, we have
to do this together.

Thanks Will,  K6NDV

	EMAIL from Ari, OH1EH

Here are the first FAQs.

"How Do I apply to be competitor in the WRTC-2002 in Finland?"

If you are outside of United States, you should simply contact
the national IARU society and/or the leading contesting groups and
ask them whether you can apply as your country representative for
the WRTC-2002.
This assumes that you have some good scores made over the
past 2-3 years and that you or you together with your selected
teammate would be equally proficient in handling SSB and
CW operating effectively in contest environment. If you would
lack a local contact - you may wish to contact WRTC-2002
organizers directly as instructed at WRTC-2002 web.

"How about the U.S team selection?"

While the core U.S representation will be worked out in cooperation
with the leading U.S contest clubs, two "U.S wild card" slots are
reserved for two more U.S teams that may not get proposed
through this mainstream U.S club pre-nomination. Here, in case of
the U.S wild card teams, you will be proposing a team of two-men
while the basic U.S allocation would go in two steps. Selection of a
U.S captains,  following the captain's selection of their teammates.

"Which are the US clubs who will nominate teams for WRTC2002?"
The clubs are:
Yankee Clipper Contest Club
Frankford Radio Club
Potomac Valley Radio Club
Society of Midwest Contesters
Northern California Contest Club
Southern California Contest Club
Mad River Radio Club
North Coast Contesters
North Texas Contest Club
South East Contest Club
Florida Contest Group
Minnesota Wireless Association
Western Washington DX Club (Organizer of WRTC 1990).

"Team selection deadlines?"
15. June 2001 US club nomination/team pre-selection deadline
15. September 2001 US teams will be published (excl. Wildcards)
15. October 2001 National teams deadline
1.   November 2001 National teams will be published
30. November 2001 Continental pre-allocations (Wildcards) deadline
1.   January 2002 Continental pre-allocation teams will be published.
The organizing committee will soon contact national leagues, contest clubs
and managers.

"Wildcard teams (= Continental pre-allocated teams), do we have to apply AS
A TEAM (two persons) or can
it be done like the last two times, eg application is prepared only by the
team leader?"
Yes, you have to apply as a team.

"Can one person apply for more than one team?"
No, you can apply for one team only.

"Do team members have to be from the same country?"
Yes they have to.

"Who is a permanent resident?"
A permanent resident is a radioamateur who:
a) has "a permanent resident status" and
b) has continously lived at least two years per 21.04. 2001 in that
particular country and
c) has a valid amateur radio license in that particular country.

"Will you count the results of WPX and IARU contests in 2001 for Wild
cards?"
No, the official results come out in 2002 and that's after the team
selection
deadline.

For more questions, please contact oh1eh@sral.fi  or oh1noa@qsl.net
Check out also http://www.wrtc2002.org