[SCCC] WRTC-2002 from N3OC

Will Angenent k6ndv@contesting.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 06:52:43 -0700

This is what I received from Brian, N3OC. President, PVRC

BTW any body knows a working email address for Dave, K6LL?
73 Will

I won't be at Dayton.  I am heading to V25A a couple days after that
for WPX CW (gag me with a pitchfork, but it is a good chance to get the
V26B station ready for CQWW).

Also being out of the country 5/23-6/2 is going to make dealing with
this even harder for me.  I should have internet and email though, the
Antiguans usually slide us a free internet account while we are down
there.

I have decided to use our Board of Trustees (BOD) in PVRC to make the
selections.  That way I only have to deal with 12 people instead of 350.
We are deciding now how to deal with the issues via email.

For example, do we vote for our own members first, then others, or do
we vote for the best contester period, even though they may have been to
every WRTC in the past.  It is very, very hard for us not to give
priority to our qualified members first.

Then, do we coordinate our remaining votes with other clubs (the
west coast ones in particular, since all 5 of our west coast votes
are up for grabs, hi hi) or do we just vote for the best contester
based on what we read in the resumes?

So those are the type of internal debates we are having within PVRC,
and I am sure they are the same thing each of you are going through.

I have told our interested members they MUST post their resume on
the contesting.com page - I hope the rest of you do the same.  If
they don't, the other clubs will not know about them and they will
not be properly considered.  So far, only one of the three we have
interested has done so, but there is plenty of time.

Also tell them to THINK before they hit the submit button!  There are
a couple lousy ones on there already, from guys I know have more
credentials than they listed, they just hit submit before they had
their act together.

PVRC will make extensive use of the resumes posted, so please get
your people to use this!  If they aren't there, then we probably will
not consider them.

73!
Brian McGinness N3OC
President, PVRC