[SCCC] Rotator for VY1JA

N6ki@aol.com N6ki@aol.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:40:39 EDT

Hi all,

       Got some mail thru WN6K that Jay  VY1JA is going to send his
Ten Tec rig down to lower 48 for repair and that he is in need of a
HAM M type rotator to replace an ailing rotator and needs to get it
in place before cold winter sets in and contest season (read Sweepstakes
etc.) begins.
       I have a HAM M ( Series 1 with brake) that has an outboard base setup
that
has an electronically controlled brake delay circuit, I am willing to donate
and send
up to Jay. It has been sitting in storage for a number of years and I do not
have time to mess with it as far as checkout and getting it properly lubed
with
the correct grease that will handle the severe cold weather at Jay's QTH.
       Would anyone have the time and inclination to check it out and get it
into
shape then forward it up to Jay. He has about 6 weeks max from today to get
this
installed up there before WX precludes any more work on the system.
       I would imagine that any paper capacitors in the brake delay box ill
have to be replaced by now. I do have a spare new starter cap for inside the
control box.

73, Dennis N6KI