[SCCC] NA Sprint CW K6LL HP

Dave Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 13:45:48 +0000

                     NA Sprint - CW

Call: K6LL
Operator: K6LL
Station: K6LL

Power: HP
QTH: AZ
Radios: SO2R

   80:     52   0:40
   40:    109   1:50
   20:    174   1:30
----------------------
Total:    335 Qs   51 Mults =  17,085

Club: SCCC

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Better than last year, but out of the top ten for sure. There sure are
some big
scores out there.

Didn't get enough practice on TRLog. I got distracted by trying to get
Writelog
all tuned up for the RTTY WPX, of all things. Never get into RTTY. It
will
consume your every waking moment trying to get everything optimized.

Fumbled a bit on the so2r stuff. Got much better as the contest
progressed. If
it was a six hour contest, I'd be excellent by the time it was over! I
think
I'll build a box with huge green and red lights, driven by the A/B relay,
indicate which radio is active. I think the so2r stuff helped the
multiplier,
but hurt the QSO's. Overall, I think it hurt this time. It seemed that
every
time someone responded to a second-radio cq, I was just about to get into
couplet on the first radio, and lost the rhythm. It was great fun,
though.

Now, if I start preparing today, I may be almost ready for the RTTY
Sprint on
March 9.

Thanks for all the Q's.

Dave, K6LL