[SCCC] Field Day Invitation

Dino Darling k6rix@arrl.net
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:28:31 -0800

This came out a little too quick, but the Western Amateur Radio Association
is very active with Field Day also.  I was in HRO just before Christmas
talking to Bill about putting out an invite the club!  A few familiar names
who show up every year (unless they run off to Puerto Rico) are...

Bob Harrington  AA6PW
Dan Craig  N6MJ
Chip Margelli  K7JA
Janet Margelli KL7MF
Wes  Printz W3SE
Bob Farrow  N6OPR
Bill Scholt W1HIJ (klmnopqrstuvwxyz....sorry!)
Dan Dankert  N6PEQ
(I know I'm missing a few!)

...and many others who you might not know.

We try to turn out a quality field day and would also like to extend an
invitation to come out and play radio.  The field day site is located at the
Walter Knott School just behind Knott's Berry Farm.  We are so close, you
can hear the screams!  Some years we win and even hold a record for 8A.  We
always place at least in the top 5 for our class.  We start having meetings
in March or so and are always in need of a few good operators.  Depending on
participation, we decide as a group which class we will run in.  4A to 8A is
the norm.  There is also a place for everyone whether you want to set
up/tear down or just have enough time to put a few hours under your belt.
The plan for this year is to have a full chuck wagon as we have done in the
past serving dinner, breakfast and "mid-rats".  Snacks and drinks all day
long too!

I will be putting together an e-mail list for WARA Field Day 2K3.  If you
are local and interested in participating, send an e-mail to k6rix@arrl.net
and I'll put you on the list!

To check out a previous year's event, go here...

http://www.qsl.net/wara/pic-fd1998.html

Thanks a lot!

Dino...K6RIX