[SCCC] New Site

Bob Wilson N6HB at n6hb.org
Mon Nov 10 23:03:45 EST 2003

sccc-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:sccc-bounces at contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Dino Darling wrote:

> On the "links and privacy pages", the BLUE font is hard to read and a
> little small.  Actually, most of the fints are a little small and I'm only
> 37 with perfect eyesite!  Same goes for "Latest Radio News" on the home
page.

> FYI, I'm running 1024x768 on a laptop.
We actually discussed that among ourselves before arriving at the current
layout. I'm (ahem) a bit older than 37, also running 1024x768, have less
than perfect vision... yet can read it with no problem. Maybe this would be
a good discussion topic for the "Sound Off" forum?

>I would also suggest that your advertising links on the home page open a
> separate browser so you don't loose your readers!
We use a random banner rotation system that alternates between Google and
our own (mostly Google's, since the site is too new to have clientele). The
problem you have described is a Google thing that we can't do anything about
(though I continue to nag them about fixing it!). Our own do indeed open a
new browser window.

> I can't wait to see all the good stuff!  It looks very good!
It'll be as good as the people who use it! Thanx for your comments.

-Bob