[SCCC] Towers in LA County

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sat Dec 4 04:18:46 EST 2004

Yeah I was thinking that organizations like this tend to be
conservative. It's easier for them to say NO than to study
the situation to determine if there really is a problem.
Almost all bureacracies are like that. Thing is I got the
feeling that they don't really have direct control. The way
the guy I talked to at Edwards made it sound was that the
county zoning board consults them the way they would any
neighbor, but I think the county folks make the final decision.
It's a nice spot up there, but if I have to jump through too
many hoops, I may just continue to look elsewhere. The
other approach of course is to use the "its easier to ask
for forgiveness than permission" way of doing business.
When you are on a 50' x 100' lot like I am here at home
with neighbors 20' away on 3 sides, that isn't a very good
strategy. This area near Edwards is so sparsely populated,
however, I could probably erect four 100' towers and nobody
would notice :)