[SCCC] NA Sprint CW K6LL HP

David O Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Sun Feb 1 08:40:46 EST 2004

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ

   80:   76     :40
   40:  141    1:50
   20:  126    1:30
---------------------

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

I wasn't in the mood for a two radio
deal, so just did a nice relaxing
one radio, two band-change effort. It
was fun, and reminded me of the good old
days. I do only one Sprint per year, and
really am not willing to do a bunch of
pre-contest training, so I think so1r is
the way to go for me in the sprint.

S9+20 db qrn on 80 meters showed up this
week. It's only at night, and sounds like
mercury vapor lighting. My apologies if
I couldn't hear you on 80. I was definitely
an alligator there.

My neighbor agreed to unplug his "smart"
battery charger during the contest. This
is another huge qrn source 24/7 on all the
HF bands. I'm buying him a new "dumb" charger.
It's a never-ending battle fighting qrn
in a dense residential area. One of these days,
a neighbor will buy a plasma TV, and I'll be
out of the contest game for good.

Adios, and thanks for all the QSO's.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ