[SCCC] XE2MX NAQP CW 2003 LP

Dennis n6ki at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 11 22:27:08 EST 2004

Call: XE2MX
Operator(s): N6KI
Station: XE2MX

Class: Single Op LP SO1R
QTH: Ensenada, MX

   160:     26    13
    80:      94    32
    40:    100    32
    20:    134    41
    15:    196    45
    10:    256    47
-------------------
Total:  806   210  Total Score = 169,260

     Well this score is my best ever effort from XE2MX beating my Aug. 2000
CW Score record for NAQP XE of only 95,200. I spent a bit too much time on 10 but I
know I needed to try to get upwards of 50 mults on 10, 15 and 20 as Pepe doesn't
have much for antennas on 40, 80 and 160. Got to 20 a bit late and had a buzz saw for QRN, lost many weaker guys calling me I am sure. I thought 20 would last longer when I took an hour off at 3:45 PM...big mistake....band lasted maybe 20 minutes when I returned and it was a bit too early for 40 for me so took off the other hour.
    I was very happy with my S&P rates for 40 and 80 as I could never get any CQ runs going. Most people heard me or picked me up on 1st or 2nd call! Got to work Wes ZL/W3SE off back of the TH-6DXX on 15 even thru a small pileup..I was surprised to hear him! The perpetual QRN Pepe suffers thru on 80 and 160 was mercifully down, maybe because of teh recent rains but the rotator on the 80/160 RX Loop was DOA so need to get that replaced. Anyone know of a good deal on a small ( U-100 size) TV rotator ????

73, Dennis N6KI ( aka Loco, MX )