[SCCC] W4EF NAQP CW SOLP

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Mon Jan 12 05:10:03 EST 2004

 North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

  160:  12      7
   80:  59     25
   40:   6      5
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  77     37  Total Score = 2,849

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #3

Comments:

Rig: Ten-Tec Paragon
Antenna: 80 meter inverted-vee at 40' (fed as Marconi
                on 160)

Conditions sounded very good at the beginning, but I
resisted temptation, and ended up spending most of
the afternoon and early evening installing a new bandswitch
in W6UE's Alpha 78. Decided I would take a break from
the solder fumes with 1.5 hours to go. Played for a few
minutes on 40 (my antenna sucks on 40) and then headed
to 160 where I discovered I am equally PW (lots of people
were CQing in my face). After about 30 minutes of
self-torture, I headed to 80 where I actually have an antenna
that sorta works.

This would have been a fun one to do from W6UE, but
my "to do" list is just to big these days. Cu all next time.