[SCCC] SCCC Meetings - Activities - August/September

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Sun Aug 7 14:41:05 EDT 2005

Thanks Dick.

To clarify, K6NA is a few miles NE of Escondido, and about 8 miles east of
I-15.  Calle De Vista runs east off VC Road, starting about 1000 feet south
of where Lilac Road meets VC road.  I am 1.1 miles up CDV.  Ignore Cool
Valley Road, it is a mistake in the County database.

Folks coming from say Oceanside, or points farther SOUTH, should come thru
Escondido and take S-6 (Valley Parkway), which becomes Valley Center Road,
up the grade into Valley Center.  CDV will be a right turn, just past Fat
Ivor's restaurant.

If you are originating from the NORTH and coming down I-5, take 78 inland
(check MapQuest or ask me...) to Escondido and follow directions above.

If coming south on I-15, continue past Fallbrook, under the big West Lilac
bridge, and watch for the exit "Old Castle Road - Gopher Canyon Road."
Exit, go to the left under the freeway, and turn right (south) on Old 395,
called Champagne Blvd, then an immediate left (east) to Old Castle Road.
This merges into Lilac, which continues to VC Road.  Turn right (south) at
the stoplight on VC Road, go 1000 ft to a tricky left turn onto CDV.  It's
easier than it reads.

Please try to carpool as we are on a narrow country road.  We will need a
couple volunteer  "parking assistants" to help out.  For good walkers,
there will be parking spaces on the property north of the towers (350 feet
BEFORE you get to the house).  For the less ambulatory we will have good
access for you near the house.  If parking along the roadside, suggest DO
IT ONLY ALONG THE NORTHBOUND SIDE i.e. when arriving, continue up past the
house, turn around, and park only along the outbound (right) side of the
road.

"It's too hot in Valley Center!"  It will be HOT here, no doubt.  The house
is air-conditioned if you can't be outside.  But we have dual deck areas
and a grassy lawn area where we will set up sun-shade canopies to go with
the multi-multi ice chests and BBQ grills.  With those, your sunglasses and
hat, you will be QRV for a great time kicking the tires and impressing your
friends with your sea stories!!

As mentioned by Dick, early birds are welcome for self-guided tours of the
tower farm as early as 11:00 AM if you like.

Jane and Glenn are looking forward to hosting the Bash, and seeing a big
turnout from members and friends of SDDXC, SCDXC, and SCCC.

Feel free to cross-post this message to SCDXC mail list, and to other DXers
who may not see this message.

73,
Glenn K6NA
760.749.3936