[SCCC] K1USC CQWW CW SINGLE-OP-ASSISTED ALL, LOW POWER

Tony Ruiz usctony at charter.net
Wed Dec 7 20:17:51 EST 2005

Alright! I'm excited.

I just got Galapagos Islands confirmed on 10,15,20 & 40 CW with Log Book of
the World. I am now up to 60 Countries confirmed. The wife picked up some
IRC's for me at the Post Office & I'll be trying to get some more new ones
confirmed via air mail.

And now a question for those of you who know much more about these things:

In most contests, are you able to operate as part of a Multi-Op Multi-Radio
as well as an Individual Single Op.  For example, if I Operate with my Club
Station W6IER with others, can I go home and operate as myself K1USC in some
of the contests? I've seen some rules saying that the individual Ops can't
use their call to contact the same Multi station they helped Operate.

I ask this as I've volunteered to help John KQ6ES as a co-chair with the
W6IER contest committee.  I'd like to see us get active with some
multi-multi's for fun & to expose us new folks to contesting.  The thing is
if I do one (part of the Multi), can I also go home afterwards and make
calls using my own sign in the same contest. Not that I'll have all that
time & energy to do both, I'm just thinking I might want to catch some new
ones for my own call during a contest. Any thoughts are appreciated. 73 &
happy holidays.

Tony Ruiz
K1USC

OBTW, wasn't that a great game (blow-out) on Saturday? USC 66, UCLA
19....dit dit